Are you searching for a digital filing system as well as a high speed scanner that can help you organize your work better? The Neat Company brings to you the perfect scanners that are suitable for all your office needs. You will find several Neat Desk reviews along with many positive customer testimonials online that will help reinforce your trust in these wonderful products.
There are 2 Neat scanners that allow you to simplify your daily work. These are:
- NeatDesk Desktop Scanner and Digital Filing System
– NeatReceipts Mobile Scanner and Digital Filing System
These are not just scanners that help you with your office paper work, but are especially great for identifying as well as extracting key information from the paper files so that they can organised automatically onto your office data base.
They can scan receipts, utility bills, statements and invoices with ease so that you can later find these easily on your system. What makes this possible is the patented “Intelligent Text Recognition” technology used by the NeatWorks software which offers easy digital filing system to any scanned documents.
The NeatDesk Desktop Scanner is a popular award-winning ADF or Automatic document Feeder scanner. It can scan anything – a small bill to hefty documents. And what is even better is that when you have too many pages to scan, it allows you to scan up to 50 pages in a go using a special feature called as ‘lightening batch scanning’.
The best part about these scanners is that they are great for a small scale business as well as can easily be used for people who like to scan all important documents to create a handy database.
NeatWorks allows exporting the data to applications like Turbo Tax, QuickBooks and Outlook as well. Now when you need to find an important document, all you need to do is enter a keyword search and these scanned documents will be ready for printing or copying at a later stage.
The other top scanners you find in the market in the same price range are Fujitsu ScanSnap S1500 and Visioneer Strobe 500. But neither of these can handle business cards and receipts better than NeatDesk. Neat scanner is the perfect choice for anyone who is investing in a scanner in order to organize data.
Neat Scanners feature:
- The scanning of data is accurate with NeatWorks. Both NeatDesk Desktop Scanner and NeatReceipts Mobile Scanner come equipped with this “Intelligent Tex Recognition” software. The software inputs the data with perfect clarity from scanned documents into reports and databases.
- For those who use applications like Excel, Quicken, TurboTax and QuickBooks for categorizing their data and creating expense reports, the NeatDesk is the best buy. It allows them to use the scanned documents and export the data to which ever software they like to work with using NeatWorks software.
- Both NeatDesk Desktop Scanner and NeatReceipts Mobile Scanner support TWAIN, which allows you to scan documents even from other softwares like Acrobat, Photoshop or even windows Live Photo Gallery.
- For those who manage finances at home and use all scanned copies of bills and invoices to calculate their taxes, these NeatDesk products as the best it keeps track of your expenses and helps in managing finances throughout the year.
- For those with a small business, building a contact database is essential. Yet managing and physically storing thousands of business cards and finding the right one within a few seconds can be physically impossible. With NeatDesk scanners, you can digitally organise your cards by saving them as images and the contact information becomes available in a few clicks, instead of browsing through so many different business cards manually.
What are the difference between NeatDesk and NeatReceipts?
There are so many Neat Desk reviews that will convince you that these products are the best investment for your home office or a small business. But, how can you decide which one of these products is more suitable to your needs?
First things first, the software used by both these Neat scanners is the same. And all the top NeatDesk reviews you find online will confirm that for you. However, the difference lies in their usability as well as their limitations. Let us see how:
- NeatDesk Desktop Scanner: This scanner facilitates multiple scanning of pages at one go without placing one page after another. It can scan up to 50 documents at a time and also scans 25 pages per minute. It weighs four pounds, which makes it the ideal scanner for a small business or office. It also needs an electrical connection to function.
- NeatReceipts Mobile scanner: This is a portable scanner which works through a USB port. Though this scanner is portable and easy to use by anyone, it has its limitations. It can only scan one side of page at a time. This scanner is ideal for a home office, if all you need is to scan bills, receipts and invoices to create a home database. It weighs one pound and it can scan 4 pages within the span of one minute.
Advantages of using the Neat Scanners
The many Neat Desk reviews you will find will tell you that these scanners are the best in the market because they offer you value for money services. Here are the advantages of the Neat scanners:
- They offer easy and simple digital filing system, which automatically puts all your scanned documents in slots for you. For example – the scanner will recognise business cards, receipts and legal documents and put them in folders for you. NeatWorks, the software used by both scanners, creates searchable PDF files. These allow for editing text using copy/paste, and organize and store in a digital filing cabinet.
- The NeatDesk scanner read even 2 sided documents and processes them at a much faster rate as compared to other scanners in the same price category.
- Receipts are recognized in a jiffy and information likes perchance, vendor name, tax total, date and total amount are filled out automatically. This makes your job much simpler. These scanners allow you to edit the information scanned. This comes in very handy if a bill has been torn or wrinkled and a few entries are illegible.
- The only limitation of these scanners is that they are created especially for scanning documents and aren’t the best scanners for those who need one for scanning pictures only.
Many Neat Desk reviews that are available online will tell you that not only are these products the best, but also the most affordable scanners for those who specially need scanners to scan documents for easy filing and searching options.
If you, or your company, deal everyday with tons of receipts, documents or business cards, you should know by now that handling all that paperwork can truly be a pain in the neck! What you need is some sort of scanning service: you can choose between buying a receipt scanner or hiring an online scanning service, it is up to you!
Which is the easiest way? It depends on what kind of receipt scanning software you implement. Here we will inform you what the important features to look in receipt scanning software are, and which are the top choices available when it comes to scanning important documents.
What to look for in receipt scanning software?
Think about the fact that a proper scanning service should save you work, not turn out to be yet another problem.
- You need your receipt scanning software to be able to categorize and tag every important document, extracting the main information, such as numbers, figures and text.
- A good software will be able to provide an accurate data extraction so you can push the button and forget about all of it!
- You should be able to use it for searching and editing the documents in different formats (doc, pdf, xls, etc.).
- Finally, the right software will allow you to export documents.
If you are planning on buying a receipt scanner, make sure you choose one that already includes the scanning software. According to many receipt scanner reviews, NeatDesk is a great receipt scanner, ideal for office use. Imagine being able to identify and capture key information from your documents in only seconds! It is possible thanks to NeatWorks software, which uses a patented technology called “Intelligent Text Recognition”. It also allows you to export data to different applications. You can save digital copies from all your documents, business cards and receipts, creating your own database and organizing your filing system digitally.
An alternative to receipt scanning software
If you don’t choose to buy a receipt scanner, there is always the alternative of hiring an online scanning service. Shoeboxed.com is a good example. You only need to register and pay for a monthly license. Then, you submit pictures of your receipts, documents or business cards, and they sort them out for you.
Now you know how important is to choose the right receipt scanning software. Tedious paperwork is a thing of the past!
If you are considering your next receipt scanner purchase, then you’ve probably read a thousand receipt scanner reviews. In case you are in a hurry, here we can explain the main points you need to consider when picking your new receipt scanner: what this device is useful for, which are the main brands on the market and which one should you choose according to your needs.
What is a receipt scanner for?
A receipt scanner is something very handy! How can it help us?
- First of all, it is very useful as a receipt management for taxes, etc.
- It is ideal for a proper financial management (whether personal or for business)
- And, of course, to get rid of annoying paper clutter.
But that’s not all. Some receipt scanning software can help us to automatically organize our receipts in an efficient way. For example, thanks to its Digital filing system, receipt scanner by NeatDesk supports searching, editing, tagging as well as exporting data to other spreadsheet or financial tax applications. Therefore, with the right receipt scanner, you’ll find uch easier to generate reports for taxes or other business data.
Top 3 receipt scanners according to receipt scanner reviews
1) NeatReceipts Mobile Scanner and Digital Filing System:
This is a portable scanner and digital filing system which is useful for managing your entire set of paperwork on your computer. It is available since 2002 and has improved a lot (both software and hardware). Therefore, it is still popular and reliable nowadays.
It includes NeatWorks receipt scanning software, which is able to identify and extract the main information from receipts, documents and business cards, and automatically sort it out for you. Afterwards, you can export the documents to programs such as Excel, Quickbooks, TaxCut, etc. It supports Windows and MAC OS. NeatReceipts is highly portable, and it works with a USB interface.
However, for heavy duty task, the desktop version, NeatDesk, is highly recommended: it has a different type of document feeder, which has specially-sized slots for business cards, receipts, and regular-width paper, and can sort multiple documents at once. Last but not least, because these scans are accepted by the IRS, Neat Desk reviews agree on the fact that this gadget makes your tax preparation easy as pie!
This company offers a different approach to the organization of documents and receipts. Instead of scanning them right to your computer, you send them a picture of the documents and they store it for you: it is a scanning service online, ideal for those who want somebody else to do the filing job for them. On one hand, Shoeboxed.com helps you save time and it is easy to implement: you just need to submit the receipts and Shoeboxed will do the rest.
First you need to register, then, after paying a monthly membership, you submit your documents to them by mail or you can just take photos of your documents send them by email, mobile or iphone applications, etc. Later, you can access them already sorted and organized in your online account.
However, some people complain about privacy issues: don’t forget that they will keep your records in their server. There is another risk: every user must take care of their login/password of else your whole records could be in jeopardy. So even when Shoeboxed.com may sound like a good idea at first, it is potentially risky, especially to large companies that use this service.
3) Fujitsu ScanSnap S1300 Instant PDF Sheet-Fed Mobile Scanner:
It is another choice if you are willing to invest in a portable scanner. It is the smallest Fujitsu multi-page duplex scanner, USB or AC powered, and it can support documents up to 8.5 in x 14.17 size. It is specially recommended for private users who don’t need to scan too many pages at once (it can hold up to 10 pages).
Which receipt scanner should you choose?
Although it may seem that the easiest way is with Shoeboxed.com – since users only have to submit the receipt and then leave the rest to Shoeboxed to do the scanning and organizing-, the privacy issues concerns, and the risk of login info getting stolen will probably stop some users from using this service. So if you are not concerned about the privacy issues, it is ok to subscribe to Shoeboxed.com (providing that you can take extra precautions to safeguard you login info).
However, if you want a professional receipt scanner, there are different options, but you should consider the fact that the NeatWorks scanning software handles receipts and business cards particularly well compared to others.
The bottom line is that if you need help organizing your scans, NeatDesk definitely wins. The software it features has improved a lot. NeatReceipts and NeatDesk both come with the same NeatWorks software, which inputs the data from scanned into reports and databases with accuracy and clarity. Plus, there are no monthly fees, of course!
So NeatDesk Desktop Scanner is ideal for every user who needs:
- Sequentially scanning multiple pages.
- Duplex scanning faster.
- Heavy duty scanning.
NeatDesk Desktop Scanner is also very suitable for small business. Compared to Shoeboxed.com:
- The records or database is safe with you – it gives you peace of mind!
- There’s no need to concern on login info getting stolen.
Although Shoeboxed.com assures users that they are taking necessary measure, anything can happen nowadays because of user mistakes, even internet banking account got hacked nowadays. iPhone users are also at risk, just take a minute to remember Scarlett Johansson or Mila Kunis, suffering from having their intimate pictures stolen from their iPhone… So, according to receipt scanner reviews, you should definitely invest in a proper equipment.